Relocation Assistance & Settling In Transition Program
“My mum is losing her sight and has just burned her hand on the stove. I worry constantly.”
“I’ve noticed that dad’s memory loss is getting much worse. What do we do now?"
“Mum feels so alone since Dad passed away. I think it would help her to be around other people and be able to socialize more.”
It is the goal of CareSmart Seniors Consulting to support the older adult in Aging in Place in their own home for as long as possible. However, sometimes the best decision for everyone is to make a move to the supportive environment of independent or assisted living or if health has deteriorated, to full residential care.
With years of experience in the field of seniors housing, we can help you understand all of the components that surround this decision and take a step by step approach to making it a more stress free transition. Our relocation services can include:
- Assessing the most appropriate type of housing to meet the needs of the client
- Providing a review of available options in the defined relocation area and making recommendations
- Making referrals to appropriate agencies and service providers during the course of the transition and ensuring coordination of their efforts
- Arranging site tours
- Accompanying the senior and/or family members on site tours to support the process and ask the right questions
- Researching and providing recommendations for admission to a care facility
Hourly fee in incremental units – one hour minimum
Settling-In Transition Program:
After the move, often family must return to their home cities or to work and family responsibilities.
The first month in a new environment can be difficult and really often determines the level of happiness an elder defines in their new home.
We offer a Settling-In Transition Program to ease this time of integration into a retirement community setting. Our knowledge and expertise enable us to easily liaison with staff and other service providers to ensure a smooth transition occurs. Six hours of consultation time is provided over a period of one month, divided to meet the needs of each individual situation. This program can give the family the confidence and assurance that the adjustment will be successful by giving this new beginning the gentle boost that it needs.
Follow up reporting is provided to the designated family member following each visit so that you know the progress your loved one is making in their new environment.
Set program fee